Standard Operating Procedures for paragliding in Bir Billing.
• To check the usage of unsafe Paragliding equipment.
• Rationalization and regulation of several flights undertaken by paragliders on day to day basis.
• Digitization of records of operators and paragliders including digital logbook of equipment and pilot.
• safe flying practices.
• Optimization of carrying capacity of vehicles used for transportation of passengers to take off sites and safe plying of these commercial passengers vehicles.
• Maintenance of law and order and deployment of additional personnel to regulate and monitor safe paragliding.
• Development and maintenance of app for rescue and weather updates.
• Insurance of Persons involved in paragliding and signing of indemnity bond by the clients.
• Constitution of Distt Aero sports club.
Govt designated the task as per departments to follow the above points:-
• The member of the Technical committee notified by the Govt, as per rule 6 of the HP aero sports Rule 2004 should conduct regular inspection of equipment used by associations / Operators as per the prescribed frequently –—- Action by Tourism Department.
• The Tourism Department along with respective associations shall prepare an inventory of equipment associated with the operators assigning UIN (Unique Identification Number) to every piece of equipment used in Paragliding operations. It was further directed that the basis of the UIN of equipment, marks/ logo should be printed on the equipment to check the validity of authentication by the authorities at a glance for instance on the wing of the paraglider so that the use of unauthorized equipment can be prevented. —- (Action by DTDO/ Tourism Department and Associations).
• It was also directed that a digital inventory of the equipment shall be made in consultation with the Technical Committee to check the usage of paragliding equipment for the safety of persons involved in this adventure sports. The equipment which is past its flying hours/life should be condemned and not allowed to be used further –—-(Action by Associations in Consultation with DTDO).
• This is also decided that the Tourism Department shall register the operators and the pilots and a unique code shall be assigned to each pilot as well and his/her association with an operator shall be indicated. Likewise, the equipment available with an operator can be mapped onto the pilots to fly —(Action by DTDO).
• It was also decided that the record of registration of Associations/ Operators and pilots can be made online and a mobile app can be developed to incorporate details of the clients involved in paragliding. It was decided that these details may be captured in Apna Kangra App and there should be the fixation of charges per flight which should be done in such a way to facilitate maintenance of the App and other operational expenses. It was directed that there should be regulation on Paragliding activities as such the booking of Paragliding slots may be done through Apna Kanga App. Also, there should be implementation and Management of an online roaster for pilots to regulate No. of flying hrs pilots and the fixation of charges per flight. This shall also help in the maintenance of an online logbook for pilots and equipment. Deputy Director, Tourism was directed to provide all the relevant data to SDO’S(C) Dheera and Dharamshala for the development of the App. —- Action by SDO © Baijanth and Dharamshala.
• For enhanced safety of the clients, it was directed that additional security personnel should be deployed and additional check posts are created at the landing & take-off sites of Indrunag and Bir. The Additional Superintendent of Police appraised the house that there is a shortage of manpower and the feasibility of Home Guard deployment can be worked out but the source of funding needs to be decided. After discussion, it was decided that the percentage / fixed amount of charges for each flight shall be a charge for each flight shall be deposited by the operator with the concerned SDM for the deployment of security personnel at the paragliding sites. The fraction/ fixed amount shall be decided by the SDMs with their respective operators depending upon the volume of flights and number of Home guards –— Action by Operators/ Associations and SDO(c) Baijnath and Dharamshala.
• It was directed that to enhance safety measures in Tandem Paragliding operators, a local technician. Committee/regulator committee should be formed to check weather conditions, indiscipline, and other safety measures —- Action by Operators/ Associations and SDO(c) Baijnath and Dharamshala.
• The landing site in both locations be declared a no parking zone and strict compliance be ensured. —-Action by SDO(c) Baijnath and Dharamshala.