Barot valley is a specified as best travel destination in Mandi District of Himachal Pradesh in 2015.Barot is a small hill station at the altitude of 1700 mts from sea level in the both banks for river Uhl. Uhl river is first in Country which is used for generation hydroelectricity. Barot is also known for Trout fish and this hill station has trout breeding form operating by Himachal Pradesh fishing department of Agriculture University, Palampur. Barot Valley is not only known for its man made projects but recognized as most beautiful destination in the area.Barot Valley is providing vast range for Tourism activities.
- One can enjoy holidays in Leisure with fresh and health full environment.
- Trekking in the Barot valley. Barot valley providing wide range of treks, these treks provide you the glimpse of local cultural heritage of Himachal, villagers are living their traditional life and happy with that. Natural heritage which offer you option for bird watching and wild life. Amazing views of snow covered mountains of Himalaya’s.
- Paragliding in Valley. Paragliding site which is recognized worldwide and hosting Paragliding world cup in 2015 in the month of Oct. One can trek for 16 kms to reach paragliding take off point from the Barot valley side. This is providing great option of trekking in tribal villages, enjoy wild life, camping, Cultural heritage and Paragliding in 2-3 days trekking. We can say it multi adventure. “Trekking” words signifies trekking in high and tough mountain terrain, but the treks here are easy and trails are usually used by shepherds. Any one can trek such beautiful treks and enjoy the true color of nature and end up with Paragliding from 2400 mts from sea level (20-40 mins flight)
- Angling in Barot valley is best leisure activity which makes every one enjoy. Uhl river is full of Rainbow Trout fish and Brown Trout fish. Equipments are easily available here by spending small amount. But never forget to get permission from fishery department which can easily available on paying 30 INR to them. Stream originate from Thamsar Glacier which is 50 kms upstream.
- Mountain Biking in Barot Valley. Mountain biking is always a hard in mountains but Barot valley provide us a great scope for mountain biking as the roads are less busy and some are rarely used by vehicles. One can cycle for odd 100 kms in the valley for different direction and some trails are so exiting that one can love it. It’s a new sport here so you need to consult our team or our guides before heading to Barot valley. One can cycle to Bir Billing from here.
- Village walks in the Barot valley surprise you. Villagers here are very rich in culture and very helpful. Some are well educated. They hesitate to start a conversation but once you start they start explaining every single interesting points in their life. They grow organic vegetables, fruits, pulses and more then that they are weaving warm clothes in the houses with sheep wool. They have small units at home to prepare shawls and local pattu’s. You can buy all this stuff by paying to them and this is the true help for them, Villagers are very honest and hardworking.
- Wildlife Sanctuary, Across the UHL river in the valley is area of the Nargu Wildlife Sanctuary. Nargu Wildlife Sanctuary is home of Monals, Black bear and ghoral. Woods of Oak, Cedar and pine forest all round the valley
How to Reach
Barot valley is easily accessible by road. Barot is 25 kms from Nation highway 21. In NH 21 diversion to Barot at Ghatasni which is situated 40 km from Mandi and 55 kms from Palampur in Pathankot Manali Highway 21.
If you are adventure loving and trekker you have a option of using haulage trolly from Jogindernagar to winch camp which runs at 0930 hrs and 1530 hrs daily. Houlage trolly is used by Sannan hydro project (first hydro project in India) to carry their stuff to Winch camp. Trek from winch camp and follow train route to Barot. (winch camp). This route reduce the journey by 12 kms.
How to get there – Barot, Distt Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
Barot is 65 Kms from Mandi and 80 kms from Palampur.
Air : Barot is 110 kms far from Gaggal (Dharamshala) airport. Daily two flights from Delhi to Dharamshala.
Rail : Pathankot is the nearest railhead which is 150 kms. There are so many overnight trains from Delhi to Pathankot.
Road : There are ordinary, semi deluxe, deluxe and Volvo overnight buses available from Delhi to Jogindernagar/Baijnath. One can hire taxi from Jogindernagar to Barot. Other option to reach by bus to mandi and then drive 40 kms to Ghatasni and then 25 kms to Barot
The distances from the different places:-
New Delhi to Barot: – 530 kms
Chandigarh to Barot: – 315 kms
Pathankot to Barot: – 170 kms
Dharamsala to Barot: – 110 km
Mandi to Barot: – 65 km
Palampur to Barot: – 80 km
Jogindernagar to Barot: – 40 km