District – Kangra..
Topic – Kangra Tourism.
State – Himachal Pradesh.
District Headquarter – Dharamshala.
Area – 5740 sq km.
Population – 15, 10, 000.
Capital – Shimla.
Number of Tehsils – 21.
Airport – Gaggal Airport near Dharamshala.
Railway station – Pathankot, Amb (Vande Bharat Train).
Details for Kangra Tourism.
Kangra Distt of Himachal Pradesh is located north west part and sharing boarder with Punjab. Kangra distt is 2nd largest Distt in term of area after Lahual Spiti and largest for Papulation. Distt Kangra extents from Bir Billing where share boarder with Mandi distt, Alampur where Hamirpur distt, Chintpurni Devi where Una Distt, Nurpur where adjoining boarder with Chamba Distt, Bada Bhangal where with Kullu Distt.
Dharamshala is District headquator of Kangra where most of the district admiration offices located. Dharamshala also considered as winter capital as all winter assembly session here. Kangra Tourism office also located at Dharamshala at Hotel Kunal.
District Kangra Tourism point of View, there are many attraction to visit at different areas as below:
- Macleodganj- Tibetan Market, Restaurants, Cafe’s, Mall road to explore Tibetan culture, mostly hotels located here.
- Bhagsu – Bhagsu Nag Temple at the center point with small cold water pool and 20 min trek to Bhagsu waterfall.
- Triund Trek – Trek to Triund IS 9 km one way and located at 2930 mts from sea level. very famous trek to Dhouladar mountain range.
- Dalai Lama Temple – Monastery where Tibetan top Guru Dalai Lama reside here and Buddhist pilgrims most visited Place.
- Cricket stadium- Most beautiful Cricket stadium of world at the center of Dharamshala. Open for tourist round the year with entry ticket.
War Memorial – War Memorial is attraction with 1971 war used tanks, aircrafts and names at center of Memorial and many small trails developed. There are many good food points nearby.
- Chamunda Devi Temple – Temple is located 15 km from Dharamshala and dedicated to Devi Chamunda.
- Norblinga Institute – Tibetan institute for craft and Monks study centre and having Tibetan restaurant there.
- Naddi Dal lake – 4 km from Macleodganj center point with Dall lake, Temple.
- Tibetan Children Village – School where Tibetan kids share away from there home and learn Buddhist teachings.
- Meditation huts – Small Trek from Dharamkot village near from Bhagu. Its the place where stupa of old Tibetan Buddist travel to Dharamshala and many small huts where Buddhist reside and do meditation.
- Gunjjar Mahadev Temple – Shiva Temple near Khaniyara Village.
- Baijnath Shiva Temple – 9th Century old Shiva Temple at Baijnath.
- Mahakaal Temple – Mahakal Temple is 8 km from Baijnath and old Mahakaal temple along with Shani Temple
Mukutnath Temple at Sansal – Temple is located at Sansal and this temple is related with Kedarnath Temple story.
- Palpung Sherabling Monastery, Bhattu – Thease monastery is huge and study centure for Bundhist studies having 108 stupas and 2 storied indoor Bhudha statue.
- Hotwater Spring at Tatwani – Hotwater spring is 12 km drive and 6 km trek. Temple here is also dedicated to Shiva temple and a small pool to take bath at hot water spring.
- Tibetan Market Colony area – 1.5 km long market area of Tibetan Market full of Cafe;s, Restaurant and market for shoping. Tibetan Market start from Paragliding Landing site to Chougan Chowk.
Banghodu waterfall – Water fall is located in Bir after 7 km drive and trek through cold water stream and boulders.
- Thathi Village – Thathi is tribal village still not conned with road you can drive 2 km before village, Village is old styled and doing organic farming. Village is worth visiting to explore Pahari village.
- Raj Gundha Village – Village is now connected with road and considered as semi nomadic as villagers live 8 months here and shift to lower villages in winters.
- Trek to Maheshwari Garh temple – Temple is located in lower area but has view of whole Bir Billing valley and mountain range.
- Paragliding in Bir Billing – best place to do Paragliding in world is Bir Billing. One have to experience it at Bir Billing.
- Sourabh Ban Bihar – 5 km from main city and located at the Bank Nugal river, a ban bihar in Memory of Kargil war Martyr Capt Sourbh Kalia. There is a suspension bridge and water boating point.
- Old vidyabaisini Temple – 13 km mountain drive till temple at top of hill towards Hydro project.
- Jakhni mata temple – Temple is connected with road and 9 km from Main town.
- Tea Tour at Deogran – Tea tour at wah tea estate located at depgran village 7 km from Palampur.
- ZOO at Nagri village – zoo is 12 km from Palmpur main town and name is Dhouladhar zological park.
- Science Park at Agriculture University – Best place for kids to see science equipment’s and information.
- Andreta Art galley and Pottery – Andreta is located 5 km from tea estate .
Kangra Tourism points.
- Brijeswari Devi Temple – Temple at the center of town and known as Nagarkot Dham.
- Fort at Kangra – Kangra fort is one of the undefeated fort of its era and built of Raj Ranjeet Singh.
- Monolithic Rock cut Temple at Masroor – Temple is 25 km from Kangra and monolithic rock cut temple, temple is destroyed in 1905 earthquake but still very beautiful temple.
- Maharana Pratap Bird Sanctuary – Bird century is over Pong Dam and lake built is Maharana pratap sagar lake. Syberian Birds migrated during December to Feb.
- Jawalaji Devi Temple – Jawalaji Devi temple is one of the known temple with eternal flame.
- Chintpurni Devi Temple – Temple 20 km from Jawala ji.
- Fresco paintings at Dada-siba Temples – Located near Dehra and near to Jawala ji Devi temple.
Bada Bhangal is most tribal part of Himachal Pradesh as still no electric supply, no road connectivity. Tribal village is 3 days trek from Bir Billing passing though 4750 mts altitude Thamsar Pass. 2 Days trek away from Nayagran of Chamba and 4 days trek away from Manali through Kalihani pass 4850 mts. Bada Bhangal sharing boarder with Kullu Distt, Lahoul Spiti and Chamba distts. Kangra Tourism is one of the best places to explore.